Sunday, November 29, 2009

A dream in a Dream




I dreamt that I had a dream...

I am sitting on a river bank cross legged, clothed in flowing cotton tunic.

I have in my hand a sepukku sword, gleaming silver mirrored the sun causing me to squint as I look at it...

The river continued to hum it's song, one that it has been humming since it was born, oblivious of my presence...

In my mind, I can't be sitting here, I should not be here, I need to be somewhere else.

Somewhere. Somewhere. I need to be somewhere. I know I need to be somewhere but I can't seem to stand and walk away.

Something in here must have called me... asked me to get in this place. The sword is still in my hand... Untainted... Gleaming...

Must be it's scabbard on my side... Sheathed it and hugged it like it's all I have left.

I felt a hand touched my face, I opened my eyes and saw you... breathing lightly, so calm inside my arms.

It was a dream. Just a dream. It was a dream...

I knew I'm home as you burrowed deeper into my arms...

Heard a buzz from somewhere... It's 7PM. And it's cold. I got to go to work...





2 comments:

kristine cuer said...

hmmmmm... maybe you're thinking too much of our Cosplay. Or that's a sign of what you should wear for our Cosplay party. hehe.^_^

Psyche said...

I am thinking of it, yes ... but a hakama and a katana are expensive. I want to be Otsu in Vagabond.